The Noble Maritime Collection, a museum on Staten Island’s North Shore, seeks an administrative assistant with excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills to assist with its operations. Enthusiastic candidates with a passion for art and history are encouraged to apply. This is part-time position at a competitive hourly rate, beginning in early July. 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 3 PM preferred.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “[Your name] – Admin Asst”. We will only be contacting those applicants whom we select for an interview. Please use the same email address to communicate any questions.
The Noble Maritime Collection is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Summary: Assistant to the administrative staff for general operations, development, and public relations.
- Acts as receptionist for the museum, answering the phone and doors
- Prepares mail and bulk rate mailings
- Maintains museum's general files and computerized mailing list
- Records museum income and expenses according to the chart of accounts
- Assists in the organization of special events
- Maintain membership program
- Assists Executive Director with development proposals and public relations
- Runs errands as needed
- Troubleshoots technical systems, such as alarms, telephones, computers, copier, fax machine, et cetera
- Orders supplies
- Carries out projects assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably arts administration or non-profit management
- Enthusiastic, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to assist the staff in all ways for the benefit of the museum
- Ability to take initiative, take direction, and complete projects
- Honesty, dependability and loyalty
- Knowledge of Windows software and excellent computer skills, including familiarity with QuickBooks
- Excellent reception skills to give friendly and helpful impression to the public
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to run errands, including transporting bulk mail to the local post office
- An interest in art and history, especially local and maritime history, is desirable.
- The ability to speak a second language, preferably Spanish, is also bonus, but not required.